Omniscope allows you to filter across multiple tables using Filters view. Being a multi-table view allows you to show multiple fields (across multiple tables) linked to the Report.
A very common example of this could be you have two date fields across two tables, and you want to have a single range slider to filter both tables based on the date. However, you can link any similar fields (of the same data type together).
How to create a linked filters
- Create a new project.
- In the Workflow app, add you sources (as blocks), and use other ETL blocks to transform you data so that it is ready to be visualised.
- Add new "Report" block, and connect all relevant blocks to the "Report" block. In the Reporting app each block you connect to the "Report" block is referred to as "Data table".
- Add your visualisation and configure you Views to point to the relevant data tables.
- Add a Filters view to your report.
- If you would like to say link two date fields together, only add one of the fields from only one data table.
- Once added click on the cog icon in the top left of the filter device, and then from the "Fields" dropdown add the other field you want to link the filter to.
If you now filter now it would filter both link fields at once.
Here is a live example, you can additionally download the example as an IOZ (see attached file). The example, uses "Ticker" field across multiple table and then uses filters view to filter multiple tables at once.
I hope this helps.