warning: bars hidden due to negative values

Posted about 3 years ago by Ben Sellars

Post a topic
Un Answered
B
Ben Sellars

Hi,

How do I get rid of the below message?

'Bars hidden due to negative values'. Why would they even be hidden? The entire bar is negative - so negative values are fine :0).

Thanks

Ben

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
P

Paola Tomei posted about 3 years ago Admin

Hi Ben,

I have a suggestion for you. Create a [Flag] with a simple IF formula to evaluate if the price change was +/-, 

IF([Price change]>=0,"positive","negative")

then split the Bar view by that field (in addition to your product category field) to end up with one positive and one negative stack per category.

Hope this helps?

Paola

0 Votes

B

Ben Sellars posted about 3 years ago

Thank you for responding Paola,

This is the scenario. Calculated fields calculate the revenue difference between this year and last year, then each bar is stacked by 'key manufacturer'. Key manufacturers are also shown on the filter on the right. If I deselect certain manufacturers from the filter - the warning disappears, but also affects the total.

What I don't understand is why, if a certain manufacturer is negative, it doesn't just appear on the LHS of the bar, instead of appearing as an unsightly warning? I cannot publish a report to a customer containing a warning like this.

Many thanks for your help

Ben

0 Votes

P

Paola Tomei posted about 3 years ago Admin

Hi Ben,

This means you have some positive and negative values mixed in there, which are cancelling each other, so the height of the bar might be affected - please explain the scenario. 

Thanks

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment