Scheduler options: Execute blocks v. Refresh all report blocks

Posted over 2 years ago by Kay Fontijn

Post a topic
Solved
K
Kay Fontijn

Hi,

Could you explain the difference between Execute blocks, refresh all report blocks, and in which situation you would use what?

i.e. I think I’ve ran into some cases where not the while ETL got refreshed, may that have to do with choosing to execute blocks instead of refreshing report?
Rgds
Kay

Graphical user interface, text, application

Description automatically generated

Before printing a copy of this email, please consider the environment. This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the named recipient or entity to which it is addressed only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, re-transmission, or conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard their content, emails are not secure and SUEZ cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with your systems and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced. SUEZ reserves the right to monitor all email communications through its internal and external networks 

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
P

Paola Tomei posted over 2 years ago Admin

Hi,

the option 'Execute blocks' gives you the option to pick and choose which blocks to execute. When you pick a block Omniscope will execute everything upstream of that block, therefore you can pick the last link in a chain.

If you have projects containing multiple Report blocks with visualisations, then 'Refresh all report blocks' is performing an equivalent command that will execute multiple blue blocks in your project, triggering execution of all the blocks upstream.

In the screenshot below if you choose that command the two blocks in the red rectangle shape, which are unrelated to the visuals, will not be executed.

0 Votes

Mustafa Hafeez

Mustafa Hafeez posted about 2 years ago Admin

From 2022.1 Rock build - you can now also set within the Report to auto-refresh on open. See Report Settings > Global tab > Auto-refresh section.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment