Omniscope is officially supported on the current stable (and two preceding versions) of modern automatically-updating “evergreen” browsers. Older browsers are likely to work, although not fully supported, but on much older versions Omniscope will show an error requiring you to update or use another browser. The exact browser versions which Omniscope refuses to run on is subject to change without notice.
As an example, at the time of writing, 25 Nov 2021, browser support was as follows. As the months go by, these version numbers will become out of date.
Supported browsers (25 Nov 2021)
Omniscope is built and tested on recent versions of these browsers:
- Chrome (and chromium-based): current stable version is 95. We therefore officially support 93 and up. Omniscope will attempt to run on 86 and up.
- Edge: current stable version is 94. We support 92 and up. Omniscope will attempt to run on 86 and up.
- Safari on iOS: current stable version is iOS 15. Omniscope will attempt to run on iOS10 and up.
- Safari on OS X: current stable version is OS X 11.6. Omniscope will attempt to run on High Sierra onwards.
- Firefox: current stable version 93. We officially support 91 and up. Omniscope will attempt to run on 50 and up.
Omniscope will not open on these browsers. An error will be displayed prompting you to use another browser.
- Internet Explorer
- Legacy Microsoft Edge (i.e. pre-chromium-based)
- Opera Mini
- Any browser with scripting is disabled.
Any problems or questions, please get in touch - email@example.com.